Monday, January 7, 2008

I Am Back

Please forgive me for not sharing with you for a number of months. Events, and a lack of energy are my part of the reason that I have been missing in action.



I trust that you all had a blessed Christmas. We do wish you a very blessed and prosperous New Year. We had a joyful time with family at Christmas. Joern and Ann were not with us this year and we missed them very much. Last year, we had a couple of neighbors and friends, along with Mike's family, here on Christmas Eve and did it again this year. Most of them went caroling around the neighborhood, and then came back for eats and Santa for the kids. It was a nice evening.



The significant event since I last blogged, was the marriage of our son Dave to Laura Chambless in October. They are living in their home in Sugar Hill, GA. The wedding was a most wonderful event. I was able to attend, with the help of our friend and caregiver, Dale. Many family and friends were there for the wedding which was in an absolutely beautiful setting on Sea Island, here in Georgia. The bride's parents, Phil and Ouida, made it truly a fantastic Wedding Weekend. Daughter, Ann, and husband, Joern, were able to make it home from Afghanistan and were part of the wedding party, as were daughter, Rachel, and husband Mike. Granddaughter, Eden, was the Flowergirl. The Lord was honored.



I continue to weaken, but fortunately, can still feed myself by holding a special spoon. I am still able to pick up a glass, if it is not too heavy. I can also turn pages on the books that I love to read. I have started a new Piper book and will comment on it once I have finished reading. My bi-pap is still my life line. We are very fortunate to have the equipment we need in order for one person to be able to move me around.

As a follower of Jesus, it is so good to know that when we are in the troubled waters of weakness, pain, and deterioration, we have a strong anchor in Christ. Jesus does, indeed, never leave us or forsake us.



God bless you and I hope to be talking to you soon.

Rob

No comments: